5.11.2016

Garden Bangles


Last year's Mother's Day gifts included these cool garden markers.
The black resin stakes came with a white grease pen to label ... anything! 
(... why not keep a pie bird in the greenhouse?)
Garden markers are the bangle bracelets of the flower bed, 
the bejeweled pinky rings of the veggie patch. 
Not at all necessary, but an oh-so-cool addition.
The sort you have speaks to what kind of gardener you are.

Some of us (ahem ... me) go with utilitarian methods 
of labeling in the garden: this, those, and (ugh) these.
I've even just re-used plant inserts, marking over the print with a fat Sharpie.
But ... with any Pinterest-y craft ability or Etsy cash flow, 
you could have this, those, or (ah!)these.

1 comment:

  1. There are such clever ideas out there - I have pinned several but right now I have some metal reusable ones that you supposedly wipe off and write on again with a black grease pencil. I am finding though that last year's words are showing through. Yours are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!