12.16.2008

Snowflake Art




Paper snowflakes are a wonderful art project! This photo is from an artsy-mom's blog:  blogdelanine.blogspot.com/ 2007_12_01_archive.html  I wish I was artsy, but I'm not.  Oh, well!  So many people to learn from! Here at our Home Education Academy, we always make snowflakes, however lame, during the week before Christmas.  The week before Christmas is simply TOO exciting to have to be doing "real" schoolbook learning.  We focus on wanna-be-artsy craft projects, like the snowflakes, hot chocolate, and good Christmas books.  I am so un-artsy that I prefer to download snowflake patterns that I can just print, fold and cut. (cheater pattern) Amazing! Artsy Fartsy, no thought required!  My Youngest Son scorns this and creates his own wonderful snowflakes, originals all the way.  We'll hang them around the kitchen from clear thread and leave them up until Easter, probably!  I managed to keep one hanging in the kitchen for two years straight once.  All the way through two summers!  It took a remodel project to get it down.  Dear Husband was happy to see it come down - he doesn't like winter or reminders of winter!  

Fire and hail, snow and clouds; Stormy wind, fulfilling His word;
Psalm 148:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!