5.11.2009

Anniversary Party

The 50th Wedding Anniversary Party went well - What a long weekend we've had over here! Here comes a few photos of the day, so bear with me. It was a church hall party - a simple, family gathering where you see people whose names you can't quite remember. Absolutely no one was wearing stilettos and many ate several pieces of cake without any cause for embarrassment at all. People laughed really loudly and re-told old family stories, and some shed a few tears. The cake table looked nice - 
These flowers were taken from my garden, to save on cost.  Purple iris smell so purple-y! It's almost like smelling candy, it's so strong a flavor/scent!  Snowballs from the snowball bush hold them up straight.  My niece made this photo extra pretty.
Look, it's my guys! My Middle Son, My Wonderful Husband, My Father-in-Law Who Loves Me, My Youngest, and My Oldest Son. What a handsome bunch of men! My Youngest is red in the face because he's been running in the gym. The other boys had on nice button-up shirts, but lost them somewhere while playing in the gym, also. Oh, well.
This dear little girl had just too little supervision. And she loved the cake. Do I need to say more, or can you see how wet her tiny finger is? Oh, yes, and she loved the chocolate-covered strawberries, too - just the very first bite, though. She didn't like the rest of each, and was throwing them away. I steered her toward grapes. From the fruit bowl. Pick your battles, right?
Because these were TOO delicious to throw away after the first nibble.
I know you think I let her pick grapes out of the bowl with her already-wet fingers - but I didn't. I happily stood there and scooped out red (NOT green!) grapes for our Cake Table Princess. Later, I found the plate with ten (NOT nine!) grapes laying on a church pew nearby. Tricky little Princess!
I found this fascinating, and just too tempting to pass on as a photo op. Everyone else was watching the wonderfully weepy anniversary video. I was too. Really.

1 comment:

  1. Your berries turned out beautifully! Looks like a great celebration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!