6.26.2009

Lovely Lavender

My lavender is going the other way now, but I took this photo a couple of weeks ago, when it was at its peak. It blooms at the same time as the coreopsis, and the purple and yellow blooms make great partners.  This  lavender, I believe it to be Munstead,  grows right at the foot of my biggest tepee - you can see its leg in the background. 
During the morning and afternoon, all kinds of bees and butterflies hover around it. By late evening, when these were taken, only a few very persistent bees are still hanging around. This guy just would not stay still enough for me to get him in focus!
These two, though, had plenty of time for a portrait...  A lovely place for a tryst - right in the middle of a lavender bush!

2 comments:

  1. What a pity we don't yet have SmellyBlog! I just adore lavender - use the essential oil for headaches, soap, use the flowers in cooking, and we have a huge bush just outside the front door. The purple and yellow do look lovely together. Also looks great in the first photo with the pink behind.
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I am enjoying our lavender, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!