7.31.2009

Twists and Turns

Things don't usually turn out the way you think they will.  

For good or ill, life just goes in a different direction. I thought I'd have a dozen, or at least six, kids - I have three. I thought I'd be a missionary teaching in a foreign nation - I'm on a mission in TeenLand. I thought I'd be a runner- I walk really fast. Our days are in the Lord's hands. In his Psalms, David wrote: "You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." I'm glad He's not surprised by the twists and turns of life. Someone in the vehicle should remain calm...

This is a photo of me with my family about 25 years ago. My mom and dad, my two brothers - one with a new wife, me and my (almost) Husband, and my grandparents. Everyone was smiling for this photo, and no one had any inkling of what their lives would look like a quarter of a century in the future. 

Things don't usually turn out the way you think they will.

4 comments:

  1. You're right - someone in the vehicle SHOULD remain calm. lol It's comforting to now that no matter the twist and turns life taks He is always with you.

    Thans for the compliment on my sneaker picture - its my feet & my three little citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I somehow found your blog in cyberspace . . . the blog of a friend, of a friend, of a friend, of a friend. I like your post today. I like the picture. It is strange to think back, wonder what might have been, meander over what did happen. I am glad that God knows it all before it happens, and I don't. And I am unspeakably grateful that he is with me every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do agree. I still find that the firm plans I had five years ago and vastly different the direction my life is going today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!