4.08.2014

A New Thing


Pay attention - the Lord is speaking:

"Behold, I am doing a new thing;
 now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
 I will make a way in the wilderness 
and rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19

Do you ever feel pushed and pulled about by the Lord? He's doing new works in my life, pointing His prompting, gentle finger at things I've never before seen. As if His arm is around my shoulder, He's directing my gaze toward a new route. 

I have to confess, I'm a little afraid. 
OK then, I'm a LOT afraid. 
At 47, I've scratched out a pretty comfy rut over here. I know a few things I'm pretty good at and I stick to those. It's easy to control those on my own and appear to be reasonably capable and acceptably competent. I've been avoiding anything at which I lack the power to excel. But He's pointing. He's lifting my chin and beckoning me out of the rut and toward a new path where HE may excel through an obviously weak vessel - me.

What new thing is He doing in your life? 
Where is He calling you to walk that you've always been fearful to go?
Will we leap out of our ruts and scamper toward a certain WIN-WIN situation?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!