12.03.2014

Meek Souls


For me, the old Christmas hymns are part of pressing closer this Christmas . . . 
and stopping long enough to hear.
Lord give me ears to hear what your Spirit would say!
How silently, how silently
The wondrous gift is giv'n!
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of His heav'n.
No ear my hear His coming,
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive Him still
The dear Christ enters in.

For many believers who came before us, a hymnal was the second most 
important book in their journey of faith. Find one and read the Christmas hymns 
this season and don't stop with the first verse! 
Who needs an online devotional after all?


1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Christmas Hymns are wonderful...the last verse is usually my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!