5.18.2017

Disaster to Triumph

It's wedding week, friends!
It is utterly ridiculous that I'm sitting here writing. 
Absolutely ludicrous that I was out this morning with my camera.
But the sun was lighting up the blooms and I had to step outside.
Relaxation and weddings don't usually go hand-in-hand, do they? 

Especially when you're supposed to deliver flower arrangements 
for your son's rehearsal dinner that look like THIS 
and this is what you have in your garden.
And you know what? 
I'm so thankful!

Because of the failure of my own peonies and the 
extravagent generosity of a dear friend, 
the rehearsal dinner arrangements will feature these:

What appeared to be a disaster, resulted in a triumph. 
It's a theme straight from the Book. 
Consider Gideon's loss of an entire army, followed by a victory with only 300 men.
Sarah, barren and shamed for decades, gave birth to the forerunner of the Messiah.
Samson, brought to the lowly position of a blind slave, becomes Israel's avenger.

Do you have "disaster to triumph" life stories? 
I'd love to hear about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!