1.07.2009

Send the Big Snow!

I'm longing for some big snow! This photo was taken with my average-everyday-little-camera (wish I could use some letters and numbers to name my camera! oops - envy). It's the scene from our bedroom to the patio right outside. These chairs are the kind my grandma used to have - I got mine at a yardsale for $10. They need new red paint - something for a boy to do this spring. I love to look outside and see everything smooth and white, all mounded up and sparkly. It's actually snowing right now, though, big flakes coming down slowly. I should get the kids out there to catch some for "examination".  Very home-educational thing to do - use black construction paper and magnifying glasses. It's a great lesson in our uniqueness. And don't forget to give them the classic snow scripture, full of promise and hope:
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; 
       though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blogvisit! I did not sell that apron on eBay, but it isn't for sale anymore because my littlest one politely asked if she could have it, and she has been wearing it every day around the house after school. :o)

    I love your red metal chairs! I hated those things when I was little, because ours were always left out in the sun, and they got too hot to sit on. Of course now I want some! May I suggest that you take them to an auto body shop rather than painting them yourself? They can paint them with automotive paint that gets baked on. It will look soooo nice on those chairs and it will last (nearly) forever. They have to be cherry red, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this photo, and the old chairs!

    I like the way you incorporate this scripture.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!