8.10.2009

127 Sale

Highway 127 - The World's Longest Yard Sale - what a way to spend a Saturday! We hit the "corridor" at about noon, and didn't even make it further than two miles in about 5 hours. I bought a tiny pair of  etched stemware, a porcelain teacup, some old glam earrings - they don't match, but they're amazing, a small book of 'Wartime Meat Recipes' - from WWII, and several kitchen linens to use for apron making.  These may reappear at some point in the Sweet Annabelle Etsy shop - for sale, if I can give them up.
And all these fabulous photos for FREE!

The antique dealer who used to be a lepidopterist displaying her love of all things cicada by sporting one on her lovely white hair - just for us!
One of my favorite sellers displayed many interesting carvings like this Mr. Toad...
...but this apron-wearing cat won my heart! Too bad - by the time I made my way over to him he was sold - pretty steep price though - $75. I wouldn't have taken him home for that, but I did (do) love him. He's supposed to be holding a silver tray in his paws.
Lots of Santas everywhere!
I think I've met this bear at a homeschool co-op...JUST KIDDING!!!
And ... that looks like ... could it be ... no way ... a pile of poo!  Yes, more than one fake pile of poo scattered among this seller's merchandise. Hmmm....
I  DIDN'T take a picture of the female seller who suggested to My Dear Husband that he buy a mink short coat for me. Not for me to wear, mind you - she went on to describe what he might do with me on that $30 coat.      uh-yeah-she-did      I covered the tender ears of My Youngest, and we kept walking.

All in all, the strangeness, sunburn and sweat was worth it - I'll be going again next year!

4 comments:

  1. I think I may be able to enjoy this if I was allowed to go with you. Lets plan to go together next year. Wait a minute, that sounds like a domino lady outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like sooo much fun! You could spend weeks going the whole route! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if I would have bought anything from someone with lots of fake dog poo. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did someone actually pay her to be a lepidopterist? Or is she a self-described lep? Maybe she slipped that beetle into your stuff and it ended up in your dungeon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!