2.12.2010

A Passing

My brother-in-law, Mike, loved his family - especially all his nieces, nephews, and grandchildren. He teased and laughed with them and never hesitated to give a kind word of encouragement or admonishment when needed.
He loved his wife, Tammy, with open arms and a whole heart, and we all saw the evidence of their happiness.
He was very ill the last couple years of his life and many were the struggles they had to endure as his health deteriorated. There aren't words to frame how difficult and frustrating it was for them as a couple, and for him as an individual.

Last night, Mike went on to be with the Lord, to that place we all dream of. He had received Christ as his own savior and Mike knew where he was going to be:

"On Jordan's stormy banks I stand,
And cast a wishful eye,
'Tward Canaan's fair and happy land,
Where my possessions lie.

O'er all those wide extended plains
Shines one eternal day;
There God the Son forever reigns,
And scatters night away.

No chilling wind nor poisonous breath
Can reach that healthful shore
Where sickness, sorrow, pain and death
Are felt and feared no more."*

He's there! Right now! God's grace is amazing, and so very incredibly gracious! After quite a struggle, Mike is now whole and in perfect health. What a comfort to all of us who are left here, mourning his loss, but rejoicing in his victory over death!

To commemorate his passing, our family wants to share free copies of a condensed version of the book Heaven by Randy Alcorn. It's called Touchpoints: Heaven. (Click to hear the author describe the book.) If you'd like to have one of these copies, email me (email address on my profile page) and I'll get one to you, or to someone you love. Perhaps through reading one of these copies, someone else will end up in heaven someday, who otherwise might not have - and that would make Mike very, very happy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my friend. I'm so sorry for your loss, but what a wonderful thing that he is now without pain and rejoicing with our Savior. I would love to have a copy of that book...I'll email you my address. God bless each of you in this walk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very sorry! What a beautiful tribute to Mike you have written here! Oh, how he must be rejoicing now with his perfect health in the presence of God! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Susan and Steve.
    I love that song. What a hope!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!