11.28.2018

The Right Time


Sometimes my life feels like this old watch with no hands. 
TIme tick-tick-ticks away and I have absolutely no way to measure or control it. 
Time presses in on my thoughts constantly, and I give my own voice to its shrill demands.
When will it be time? 
Are we almost there? 
How long will this take? 
Publishing is one of the slowest processes in the career world, falling just behind Bonsai tree farming. 
I'm impatient and often plan an escape to something faster and better paying, albeit less fulfilling. 


The scriptures show my experience is nothing new.  
The people of Israel paddled the same boat—waiting, with no sign of encouragement, for their hope to be fulfilled. They cried out for Messiah—the One who would rescue them from oppression, restoring freedom and prosperity. 
When will it be time? 
Are we almost there? 
How long will this take? 


As we enter the Advent season of reflection, please know that our struggle with time is nothing new. Go ahead and let the questions fly before God's throne. But don't get up from your knees yet (or the bed, park bench, bus seatwherever you pray). Instead, take time to ponder Galatians 4:4-7. 
Don't miss this opportunity to express faith. 

Because at just the right time ... He will come through. 
"But when the fullness of time had come ... God sent his Son."

And it will be better than you dreamed.
"... you are no longer a slave, but a son, 
and if a son, then an heir through God."



4 comments:

  1. What a TIMELY post, Susan. It's such a good reminder to wait God's perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Jetta. I'm glad to wait on the Lord with you!

      Delete
  2. Had to laugh, Susan. "just behind Bonsai tree farming." How true is that. And it does sometimes feel as though the clock keeps ticking but the hands have fallen off. Waiting with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Terry! All my writing pals "get" this, right? Glad to have such good company in the waiting room.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!