11.30.2020

Bring the Sky Inside

It's November's last day, but I still have a bit of summer in my kitchen. 
When my stubborn, spoiled morning glory vines wouldn't bloom, 
I searched for answers. 
One helpful gardener noted that she cut almost-blooming 
vines to bring indoors. Contained in a vase and 
positioned in a sunny window--they bloomed.


Of course, I had to try this. 
  From my pile of Heavenly Blue vines, I trimmed a long tangle
covered with buds still tight and tiny. They fit easily in a 
glass vase and hung happily from a cup hook in the window sill. 
In no time at all, pointed swirls of bloom emerged and finally opened. 


Every morning, newly vibrant blooms greet me. 
It's been the highlight of a fairly dismal gardening season.


The Heavenly Blues are almost finished now. 

It's time for Christmas colors to take center stage.


 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! Such beautiful colour in a dreary time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too, Jenny. There are still a few blooming in my kitchen window. The most beautiful blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!