2.20.2023

Flashbulb Memories


Flashbulb memories--do you have them? 
These snapshots of time remain crystal clear, 
sharpen through the years, 
and are often pondered. 
I'd love to sit around a table of friends (or strangers) and share a few. 

No explanations - "My cousin lived with us for a month, and so ..."
 No excuses - "I had a fever for a week, that's why ..."
No analysis - "You probably remember that because of  ..."

Just the flashes. 


Here's one from my corner of the table. 
It's your turn next. 

I'm at a church retreat. The speaker presents a flowered-glass jar containing bits of colorful paper. The container is handed around, and each person chooses one of the mysterious folded squares. Inside each is a hand-written Bible verse. The speaker says the verses have been chosen by the inspiration of the Spirit. She suggests that the verse we receive should be kept private and pondered. 
I open mine--it's Psalm 32:9.


I'm still pondering, but I've added the verse above it to 
encourage my (fifty-something) self.  You can read those here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!