5.23.2023

Waiting Rooms

How do you feel about spending time in a 
waiting room?

In general, I don't do very well in a waiting room of 
any kind. As one American among many, I know I'm not alone. 
We tend to think waiting times should be minimized--
time is precious and must be well-spent, and if the 
waiting time is too long, well ... I'm going to leave. 



I barely had a minute to wait in this room, the lobby 
of my dentist's office, but I'm occupying other waiting rooms. 
Most of them don't have chairs, televisions, or snacks. 
Life has all kinds of waiting rooms, and the Lord often places me 
in one sort or another to learn, gulp, patience. 
Oh, and don't forget perseverance, trust, and faithfulness. 

Some days, I do well and am a peaceable waiting room dweller. 
Other times, I complain loudly and check in 
at the desk every five minutes. I've been known to kick a chair 
or two in these figurative waiting rooms--it's not pretty. 
Waiting is hard. 

What waiting rooms are you in right now? 

More about waiting well here




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!