12.20.2013

Bowing


Here he is - the older shepherd, quick to bow the knee and clasp his hands in recognition.
He's spending his Christmas days in the living room window, looking out over the backyard.
I really identify with this character this year. 
I'm feeling old these days - stiff and sore - but still determined to bow!
You know I get all teary at Christmas carols at this time of year, and I LOVE
when the singing goes beyond the first and last verses. The really good stuff is
in the second or third verses, you know. 
Like this third verse of 'It Came Upon a Midnight Clear':

O ye beneath life's crushing load,
Whose forms are bending low,
Who toil along the climbing way
With painful steps and slow;
Look now, for glad and golden hours
Come swiftly on the wing;
Oh rest beside the weary road
And hear the angels sing.

Click HERE  to listen and take time to ponder and treasure up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!