7.22.2024

Simple Summer Icebox Pie


 I'm no culinary diva, especially in the summer. 
I'm happy with grilled meat and corn on the cob every night.
Simple is my favorite adjective for hot-weather food. 

And that's the best description for this summer pie. Grandma might've 
called it "icebox pie," since it sets up in the freezer. Typical icebox pies are 
high-calorie and loaded with fat, things I'm not absolutely opposed to, 
but if I can easily dodge those, I (probably) will. 

This casual concoction features Greek yogurt in place of cream cheese 
or sweetened condensed milk. Topped with whatever fruit you find 
in your garden or at the farmer's market, it's a win for sure. 
The variations are nearly endless and simply delicious.


Simple Summertime Icebox Pie
1. Make(or buy)a graham cracker or cookie crust. 
2. Gently combine and spoon into crust: 
one large container of vanilla Greek yogurt
one regular-sized container of whipped topping
3. Prepare fruit and layer on top of yogurt cream filling.
4. Chill in your freezer for about two hours. Allow to thaw for a few minutes before serving. 

The opportunities for upgrades are endless here ... think chips, drizzles, and mix-ins. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!