9.18.2019

Great Gourds



At my favorite Indiana farm market, I found a vendor who grows
and oh-so-casually sells the most mind-boggling variety of pumpkins and gourds.
She loads them in the back of a truck before dawn, crosses the miles with
a thermos of dark coffee, and dumps them on the market ground in glorious piles of color.

"How much for a blue pumpkin?" I tried to appear equally casual.
"Two dollars," she said with a flannel-shirted shrug.
Yes, ma'am! 
I couldn't get my dollars unfolded fast enough.

The small gourds in these photos came from an ordinary grocery store.
Yet the craftsmanship in every detail is nothing less than amazing. 


Will you take time to pause as we hurtle into the fall season, for just a few 
moments, and let the wonder of the changing natural world inspire something new?


8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad God made the world beautiful, with so much variety, instead of just functional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think how beautiful the next world will be! Thanks for visiting, Barbara.

      Delete
  2. What treasures we find when we slow down and look. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to put on the brakes, but this is so true, Diana. Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I will take the time to enjoy God's magnificent creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's a specialty of yours, Victoria. I love to see your beautiful Bluegrass photos.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!