10.13.2022

Ready to Freeze

 It's spider time on my Kentucky acre,
just ahead of the frost next week.
They're frantically spinning elaborate orbs before they freeze to death.
It's poetic and awfully artsy, don't you think?
hurriedly inspect these for any scribbled symbol or message


The smarter spiders choose to make their last stand in the 
hydrangea bushes. It's an excellent place to freeze.


This year, I have only one blooming Heavenly Blue Morning Glory vine. 
Last year's vine was extravagant, a year of blues I'm sure will never happen again.
Because last year, against my husband's better judgment, 
I allowed the morning glory vines to take over a small dogwood. 

The tree wasn't so happy, but I could blame all the damage 
on the cicada invasion. And I did. 


The first blue bloom opened today, somewhat late in the season. 
But much better later- than never-blooming. 

There's something special about those heavenly blues. 
Even their gracefully-twining vines and 
miniature buds hold unique charm.


You're charmed, right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts my way. I love to hear from you!